POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hallway 2 : hallway 2 Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  hallway 2
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 7 May 2002 00:42:15
Message: <3CD75BB1.7B045F4C@unforgettable.com>
Here's another shot at the arched hallway, with a slightly different
POV, a better stained glass window, a statue (or at least a placeholder
for one) and no candlelight. Per Slime's suggestion, I've moved the
light from the window away from dead center. Some post-processing was
done in Photoshop to brighten up the scene.. for some reason, using a
stronger light outside the window doesn't have any appreciable effect on
the radiosity, even though max_sample is set to 100, much higher than
any of the samples it would conceivably be taking. I'm not sure what's
causing the banding on the carpet either.

Once again I seem to have created a scene which won't get its final
render until I get a newer machine. Sigh...

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gothic_halls-d_edit.jpg' (86 KB)

Preview of image 'gothic_halls-d_edit.jpg'
gothic_halls-d_edit.jpg